The country’s first engine-less train also known as Train 18, has been launched.
There’s good news for people travelling between New Delhi and Varanasi. The country’s first engine-less train, Train 18 or Vande Bharat express, has been launched.
But how's the train special and different? Here are the top five takeaways.
1. It is India’s first semi-high speed train which can run up to a maximum speed of 160kmph. It has travel classes like Shatabdi Express for better comfort. The train will travel from Delhi to Varanasi in nine hours and 45 minutes.
2. This train has 16 coaches including two executive class coaches. It can accommodate up to 1100 passengers which is more than what Shatabdi express can do.
3. If you want to travel on this train, you will have to loosen your purse strings. One-way journey from Varanasi will cost you more than Rs 1700 for chair car and around Rs 3300 for executive class.
4. The other unique selling point of this train is the food. Yes, Train 18 will also take care of the foodies. For breakfast, you will be getting patties, donuts, and muffins, your lunch will come from Allahabad’s Pind Balluchi restaurant and you will have your dinner from Kanpur’s famous Landmark Hotel.
5. The train has been designed keeping the environment in mind. This train is expected to maintain very low levels of noise and will be able to save around 30 per cent of electrical energy.