Live Blog | Prime Minister Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is being sworn in at the Rashtrapati Bhavan today after winning a huge majority in 2019 Lok Sabha polls. Watch this space to find out the latest developments and how Modi builds his cabinet this time.
Who gets what? The list is out.
1. Shri Raj Nath Singh - Minister of Defence.
2. Shri Amit Shah - Minister of Home Affairs.
3. Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari - Minister of Road Transport and Highways; and Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
4. Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda - Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
5. Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman - Minister of Finance; and Minister of Corporate Affairs.
6. Shri Ramvilas Paswan - Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
7. Shri Narendra Singh Tomar - Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare; Minister of Rural Development; and Minister of Panchayati Raj.
8.Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad - Minister of Law and Justice; Minister of Communications; and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology.
9. Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal - Minister of Food Processing Industries.
10. Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot - Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
11. Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar - Minister of External Affairs.
12. Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ - Minister of Human Resource Development.
13. Shri Arjun Munda - Minister of Tribal Affairs.
14. Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani - Minister of Women and Child Development; and Minister of Textiles.
15. Dr. Harsh Vardhan - Minister of Health and Family Welfare; Minister of Science and Technology; and Minister of Earth Sciences.
16. Shri Prakash Javadekar - Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; and Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
17. Shri Piyush Goyal Minister of Railways; and Minister of Commerce and Industry.
18. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan - Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas; and Minister of Steel.
19. Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi - Minister of Minority Affairs.
20. Shri Prahlad Joshi - Minister of Parliamentary Affairs; Minister of Coal; and Minister of Mines.
21. Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey - Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
22. Shri Arvind Ganpat Sawant Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise.
23. Shri Giriraj Singh Minister of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries.
24. Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat Minister of Jal Shakti.
Ministers of State (Independent Charge)
1. Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
2. Rao Inderjit Singh - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation; and Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Planning.
3. Shri Shripad Yesso Naik - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH); and Minister of State in the Ministry of Defence.
4. Dr. Jitendra Singh - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region; Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office; Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Minister of State in the Department of Atomic Energy; and Minister of State in the Department of Space.
5. Shri Kiren Rijiju - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports; and
Minister of State in the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
6. Shri Prahalad Singh Patel - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Culture; and Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Tourism.
7. Shri Raj Kumar Singh - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Power; Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
8. Shri Hardeep Singh Puri - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs;
Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Civil Aviation; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
9. Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya - Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Shipping; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
Ministers of State (Independent Charge)Names of Union Ministers with Cabinet rank who took oath today.
1. Rajnath Singh
2. Amit Shah
3. Nitin Gadkari
4. DV Sadanand Gowda
5. Nirmala Sitharaman
6. Ram Vilas Paswan
7. Narendra Singh Tomar
8. Ravi Shankar Prasad
9. Harsimrat Kaur Badal
10. Thawar Chand Gehlot
11. Dr. S Jaishankar
12. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
13. Arjun Munda
14. Smriti Irani
15. Dr. Harshvardhan
16. Prakash Javadekar
17. Piyush Goyal
18. Dharmendra Pradhan
19. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
20. Prahalad Joshi
21. Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey
22. Arvind Sawant
23. Giriraj Singh
24. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
2. Rao Inderjit Singh
3. Shri Shripad Yesso Naik
4. Dr.Jitendra Singh
5. Shri Kiren Rijiju
6. Shri Prahalad Singh Patel
7. Shri Raj Kumar Singh
8. Shri Hardeep Singh Puri
9. Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya
Ministers of State (MoS)
1. Shri Faggan Singh Kulaste
2. Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey
3. Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal
4. General (Retd.) V.K.Singh
5. Shri Krishan Pal
6. Shri Danve Raosaheb Dadarao
7. Shri G.Kishan Reddy
8. Shri Parshottam Rupala
9. Shri RamdasA thawale
10.Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
11.Shri Babul Supriyo
12.Shri Sanjeev Kumar Balyan
13.Shri Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao
14.Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
15.Shri Angadi Suresh Channabasappa
16.Shri Nityanand Rai
17.Shri.Rattan Lal Kataria
19.Smt.Renuka Singh Saruta
20.Shri Som Parkash
21.Shri Rameswar Teli
22.Shri Pratap Chandra Sarangi
23.Shri Kailash Choudhary
Members of Parliament (MPs) who were part of the Council of Ministers in NDA-1 government but could not find berth to serve in NDA-II government.
1. Arun Jaitley
2. Sushma Swaraj
3. Uma Bharti
4. Suresh Prabhu
6. Shivpratap Shukla
7. Jual Oram
8. Rajvardhan Singh Rathore
9. Suresh Prabhu
10. Anupriya Patel
11. JP Nadda
12. KJ Alphonse
13. SS Ahluwalia
14. Radhamohan Singh
15. Ch. Birender Singh
16. Vijay Sampla
17. Anant Geete
18. Subhash Bhamre
19. Jayant Sinha
20. Mahesh Sharma
21. Vijay Goel
22. PP Chaudhary
23. Hansraj Ahir
24. Ram Kripal Yadav
25. Jaswant Singh Bhabhor
Kiren Rijiju, Faggan Singh Kulaste, Ashwini Kumar Choubey and Arjun Ram Meghwal take oath as Union Ministers. pic.twitter.com/OhfXlXgtB9— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
- After senior cabinet ministers, MPs take oath as Union Minister of State, Independent Charge.
- Now: Begusarai MP Giriraj Singh takes oath as a union minister. He is controversial for his go-to-Pakistan statements. Singh defeated CPI's Kanhaiya Kumar from Begusarai.
Former Foreign Secretary Subrahmanyam Jaishankar takes oath as Union Minister pic.twitter.com/099OYC7aPn— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
- BJP party's constitution stipulates one person to hold only one post. Hence as per 'one person, one post' rule, Shah will most probably resign from Party president post and a new person will take charge at the helm of affairs in the organisational affairs.
Delhi: Nitin Gadkari and Nirmala Sitharaman take oath as Union Ministers pic.twitter.com/1ZZTTO6NnP— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
- Gandhinagar MP and BJP president Amit Shah takes oath as a minister.
Delhi: BJP President Amit Shah takes oath as Union Minister pic.twitter.com/fQEwvGmro1— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad arrive at Rashtrapati Bhavan ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony. #ModiSwearingIn pic.twitter.com/V3xRQsKu5F— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar: They wanted only 1 person from JDU in the cabinet, so it would have been just a symbolic participation.We informed them that it is ok we don't need it. It is not a big issue, we are fully in NDA and not upset at all.We are working together,no confusion. pic.twitter.com/AsDa8EUnUN— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
BJP leaders Nirmala Sitharaman and Giriraj Singh arrive at Rashtrapati Bhavan ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony. pic.twitter.com/Ony0T6IKcC— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Delhi: Former Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar (File pic) also arrives at 7 Lok Kalyan Marg (PM Modi's residence). pic.twitter.com/sKJCz5zf39— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Anurag Thakur, winning BJP MP from Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh is also meeting PM Modi at 7 Lok Kalyan Marg, right now. pic.twitter.com/wEhFy4P5cm— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
- Amit Shah to join Modi 2.0 cabinet, tweets BJP Gujarat president Jitu Vaghani. Shah is the BJP chief.
प्रधानमंत्री श्री @narendramodiजी के नेतृत्व में केन्द्रीय मंत्री मंडल में मजबूत साथी के रूप में सामेल होने पर हमारे पर्थदर्शक एवं मार्गदर्शक श्रध्देय श्री @AmitShahजी से शुभेच्छा मुलाकात की और शुभकामनाएं दी। pic.twitter.com/ckzJKEeBA9— Jitu Vaghani (@jitu_vaghani) May 30, 2019
Nepal's Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli arrives in Delhi. He will attend Prime Minister Narendra Modi's oath ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhawan, later today. pic.twitter.com/A6SIal4Bmi— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
President of Kyrgyzstan, Sooronbay Jeenbekov arrives in Delhi. He will attend PM Narendra Modi's oath ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhawan later today. pic.twitter.com/W9TELh12Ma— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Sukhbir Singh Badal, Shiromani Akali Dal President on attending the swearing-in ceremony of the PM today: It is a matter of joy that a new govt is being formed. Country needs a strong govt and it is getting one. pic.twitter.com/0vSTp1vElc— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Shripad Yesso Naik, BJP: I want to thank the Prime Minister and Party President Amit Shah for again giving me a chance of serving the country by making me a part of the government. I have been invited to the oath taking ceremony, not been informed of the ministry yet. pic.twitter.com/83FeL1quEV— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
General (Retd) VK Singh to meet PM Narendra Modi at 4:30 PM today at 7, Lok Kalyan Marg. (file pic) pic.twitter.com/dKExlAG7c7— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Prakash Javadekar to meet PM Narendra Modi at 4:30 PM today at 7, Lok Kalyan Marg. (file pic) pic.twitter.com/9hxjVrqw1P— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
BJP leader Niranjan Jyoti: I have received a phone call from the party president. I express my gratitude to the prime minister for including me in his team. pic.twitter.com/oQfPbKcnvZ— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Arjun Ram Meghwal, BJP: I thank the PM & Amit Shah ji for showing trust in me. I thank them on behalf of the people of Bikaner. PM's vision will be significant for India. He had said that we want to remove our tag of developing nation & make India a developed nation. pic.twitter.com/TgAk982zbj— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
BJP leaders Santosh Gangwar, Jitendra Singh and Nityanand Rai to meet PM Narendra Modi at 4:30 PM today at 7, Lok Kalyan Marg. (file pics) pic.twitter.com/X4Zofw40DT— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Nitin Gadkari to meet PM Narendra Modi at 4:30 PM today at 7, Lok Kalyan Marg. (file pic) pic.twitter.com/EOnPGB8ecs— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019
Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) Chief, Ram Vilas Paswan to also meet PM Narendra Modi at 4:30 PM today at 7, Lok Kalyan Marg. https://t.co/iZB68qixKz— ANI (@ANI) May 30, 2019