India has 4th highest price of iPhones in the world: Report
Apple iPhones are cheaper in Bangladesh than in India—no, I’m not suggesting anything :P
If you’re looking to buy an iPhone, you probably should look elsewhere because Apple smartphones are still notoriously expensive in India—according to a report, it’s the fourth highest in the world.
Nearly all countries in the Deutsche Bank’s ‘Mapping the World’s Prices 2019’ survey sold iPhone XS’s for more than the US price.
At $1,635, the cost of iPhone XS in India is less only when compared to Brazil, Turkey and Argentina.
Brazil had the highest price at $2,050, 64 per cent more expensive than in the US. The report failed to explain why Nigeria was the only country in the list with iPhone prices lower than the US.
“Don't lose or damage your iPhone on holiday in Brazil, Turkey, Argentina, India or Greece as iPhones are 25-65 per cent more expensive than in the US,” the report said.
Apart from iPhones, the survey gives an account of the price differences of things like hotel rentals, gas price and haircuts, among others.
Different city, different price
- You might want to grow your hair as long as you like in Copenhagen, Oslo and Zurich, as haircuts are 10-15 times as expensive as in Dhaka, Bangalore, Manila and Cairo.
- For those living in Singapore, Copenhagen or Oslo, you are actively discouraged from buying a new car as policy makes it extraordinarily expensive. So maybe, walk or ride a bike more there!
- London has the most expensive public transport in the world and is also the most costly place to hire a car.
- Milan replaced Copenhagen as the most expensive city in the world, followed by Zurich, Madrid, Vienna and London. Istanbul continues to be the cheapest on the list.
- Zurich, on the other hand, is the costliest city to go out on a date, and is followed by Oslo, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Tokyo. Just to give you a better perspective: five dates in Mumbai or Bangalore cost the same as one in Zurich.
- Cigarettes and beers cost the most in Melbourne, and is followed by Oslo, Sydney, Auckland and Dubai.
- Moscow and Istanbul have the cheapest internet in the world, which is 9-12 times cheaper than that in Dubai.
Sign up for our Whatsapp broadcasts by sending a message to +91 9003074755.