Massive fire breaks out in Mumbai building,eight injured
A massive fire breaks out in a commercial building in central Mumbai. Eight people were injured, one of them is in a critical condition
A major fire broke out in a commercial building in the Kamathipura area of central Mumbai, eight people were injured during the incident, a fire official mentioned. One of the injured persons was reported to be in critical condition, he further said.
The blaze reputed around 9:15 AM on the ground floor and first floor of the ‘China Building’ located in the Baghdadi compound of Kamathipura locality in the Nagpada area.
The official mentioned that a portion of the building was collapsed after the fire, and some cracks were also noticed in the structure. The building consists of various commercial units and some people also reside in it. Those residing in the premises were evacuated after the fire broke out, he said.
"Eight people were rushed to Nair Hospital. It was a level-3 (major) fire," fire official said, adding the blaze was almost brought under control and cooling operations will start later.
A 70-year-old man, who was among those injured, was reported to be in a critical condition, the official said.
The injured also included a two-year-old child. Ten fire engines and 11 jumbo tankers were engaged in fire-fighting. Besides, a quick response van and ambulance were also at the site for assistance, the official said.
"The fire was confined to electric wiring, electric installations, household articles, a leather godown on the first floor and a cloth godown on the ground floor of the commercial structure spread in an area about 2,500 sq ft," chief fire officer P S Rahangdale said.